Hi Guys! As you might have guessed, (YES!) I have got the Liebster Award 2017 for my blog and I would like to convey my heartfelt thanks to Sann for nominating me for this award. Do check out Sann’s awesome blog.
On accepting the nomination, the rules to be followed are:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, provide a link to their blog.
- Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 5-11 upcoming or recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
You can also check out the official rules here.
Here the questions Sann asked me:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
- For long I wondered how I could consolidate my thoughts and reach out to many. There were many social media options but I found them very cumbersome.
- I wanted a platform to know about others, share my views and experiences that might inspire others and a sincere audience to read them.
- Blogging has turned out to be a rich learning ground for me and I incessantly find new things to explore and look forward to a lot more.
2. Are there any books which completely put you down and made you regret wasting your time reading it?
- I donot think I have strongly gone through such an experience. I admit that there have been times when a novel didn’t connect to me or studying a book didn’t help me much in the concerned field.
- However, I generally donot let any book not worth the time I spend on it devour me completely. I know when to stop and I am glad that it seldom happens because almost every book I have read has either sowed a seed of learning in me or has brushed up my already acquired knowledge.
3. What is your say on wars?
- Politically, most wars are a product of a series of events stirring grudge or greed of power-drunk leaders. However, wars are just homicide cum suicidal attempt in disguise of the worshippers of unworthy oppressive power and perhaps the biggest tomfoolery of mankind in most cases.
- An act is justified only if it brings peace with it but blind desvastating armed conflicts bring nothing but widespread bloodshed and are a blot on humanity.
- However, there have been revolutionary wars in history that have brought sea changes to uphold the base of freedom and equality.
- Even such wars are perhaps not a rational solution in this 21st century when the world has turned into a global village with many scopes to group and raise voices.
4. Your favourite song and singer. And why you love them?
- I have heard innumerable singing legends and I adore each one of them for their unique style. It’s nearly impossible to choose a favourite as there is no single singer or a single song I find the best.
- Hence, I would like to share something near me. About 4 years back, a girl used to sit at the entrance of a nearby metro station everyday with perhaps the sweetest voice I have ever heard.
- She sat to beg on a broken wheelchair and sang with a bowl in her only hand. She ceased to come after one year and I never saw her again but I can never erase her voice from my mind.
5. Is there anything you would like to improve in yourself? Why?
- Patience and careful attitude. I want to develop these qualities deeply and make them my strength, at least at present because these will help me in my studies as well as career building. I will later decide other things I need to work on when circumstances urge me to do so.
6. How do you deal with stress? Any pro tips!?😜
- My ways to deal with stress are: Meditation, listening to music, blogging, crazy dancing to bang on beats 😂, saying anything that makes me feel happy, drawing on blank pages, scribbling thoughts, taking a short nap, taking a round of the locality, munching on snacks etc.
- My tip is to explore which mad way relieves you best. It varies from person to person and always remember, stress comes only to those who are special and can take it. You are great!
7. One thing you feel money cannot buy. Why?
- Saying about a single thing that money cannot buy is perhaps like taking a glass of water from the sea. I wonder if money can buy you anything except material objects or some puppets.
- We are all living souls and if only materials were associated with our presence then we would have been as good as a dead rock. All our emotions like love, trust, friendship, humanity, knowledge etc; time, effort, original work, talent etc; and the very essence of a good life are beyond the reach of bundles of notes.
8. Do you believe in equality in all sectors? Or do you think it should be applicable to only a few sectors?
- I donot believe in equality but in equal opportunities for all to shape their life and choose what they want to do.
- The oppressed classes and poor do need special attention but only till they reach a standard. After that, a person’s hardwork and ability should decide the heights he reaches.
- This applies to all sectors, just the category that needs attention varies. For example, women need more security, maternity leave etc in jobs while the differently abled children need special care and so on.
9. Any article or story or poem that gave you a wake up call? Which one is it?
- There are loads of them and even more number of issues they speak about. However, I like to draw only the most relevant parts for me and merge them. It’s like continuous small wake up calls that put me together to finally boost me as a whole. I love to use all those inferences to inspire me and to create inspiration.
10. What are the top things on your bucket list?
- Oh! For now it’s my studies. I do have long term longings and plans but I cannot call them priorities of my bucket list.
Now, presenting my questions:
- What do you think is the most challenging issue before today’s world?
- What kind of freedom do you think is the most important?
- How do you think is the ideal way to educate students and enhance attitude of learning in them?
- What is the most memorable moment of your life?
- Name an animal whose special characteristics you would like in yourself. Mention them.
- What message would you give out to the world in one line?
- What do you prefer for a task- help or motivation?
- Mention five words to describe you.
- What do you think you can do best?
- Finally, mention an inspiring quote to end this Q&A session with a beautiful message.
Now, coming to my nominations. My dear blogger friends, please understand that there is an upper limit of 11 bloggers I can nominate. I have nominated 11 growing or upcoming wonderful bloggers but there are many more who deserved it too. Please do not keep any bitter feelings. You all are awesome bloggers and many awards are sure to come your way.
I have nominated
- B. Aphorisms
- Rubens Bessera